So, I honestly think this whole 'super hero' thing is SUPER overrated. I feel as if the idea of the super hero was immortalized by the media, using movies and comic books, and characters like Captain America, and Spiderman. Yes, yes, like any normal dorky teenage girl, I do enjoy the chemical malfunctions, the radioactive spiders, and even the super mutant green turtles. However, I don't like the immortalization that comes along with the idea of super heroes. I believe in the mortality of super heroes and that everyday, the ghosts and shadows we walk past, are secret heroes.
With all this social unrest in the United States, the idea of positivity is slowly dissolving. It makes it so hard to think that there are good people in the world today. However, what it does do, is make it easier for us to see evil. It makes it harder for the for the SSFPD to see good in today's youth, it makes it harder for the Republicans to see the good in Obama's bills, it makes it harder for us to see that behind these masks that we all wear, there is a truly good person inside. And, that good person, wants to be a change, that good person wants to heal broken souls, that person wants to be a HERO.
In society today, I believe that everyone can be, if not already, a hero. I talk to most of you all, and I see it. Be the hero, you want to have. But, never forget, that from great power, comes great responsibility.
I can be your motivatioooon, oh oh oh oh
ReplyDeleteI agree that the whole super heroes with super powers is overrated but I do think we need a different kind of hero. A normal who will strike a revolution. Somebody or something that will rally the troops.
ReplyDeleteGood Points. I really like that quote on the bottom.
ReplyDeleteexactly! i think that it's the everyday normal people that have the potential to be true heroes
ReplyDelete"Be the hero you want to have"- so inspiring!
ReplyDelete